Prevent is a light-curing resin sealant for pits and fissures that assists in preventing caries in posterior teeth by forming an effective mechanical barrier against plaque accumulation on the occlusal surface. The sealed surface favors hygiene through a more homogeneous topography and less recesses that could retain food. Furthermore, the incorporated fillers provide greater resistance to wear and longevity to the resin, while the embedded fluoride acts in parallel to prevent caries.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
• More filler: the incorporation of 50% filler to its weight allows the sealant to increase its resistance to wear and thus increases its activity time in the mouth.
• Recharge potential: the ionomer filler in the sealant can recharge and release fluoride into the mouth as a way of replacing the fluoride released.
• Incorporation of fluoride: the sodium fluoride incorporated into the material combines all the known benefits of this component in the prevention of decay.
• Versatility: Prevent is presented in two versions (tinted or opaque white), varying the color and opacity to better adapt to the case.
• Excellent viscosity: the flow of material was dosed to facilitate filling all of the recesses on the occlusal surface of molars and complex anatomy of premolars.
• Effectiveness: he material has excellent wettability, which generates proper sealing capacity of the grooves and fissures.
• Ready for use: the application is done directly from the syringe, without manipulation.
• For posterior teeth with complex anatomy, in order to prevent decay by forming a mechanical barrier on the surface, preventing plaque buildup. Factors such as the risk/caries and level of hygiene must be taken into account when indicating sealing for the patient.