Orthocem UV Trace is a light-curing cement for the bonding of orthodontic brackets made of polycarbonate, metal and ceramic, which has a difference to the already known Orthocem: the inclusion of a fluorescent tracer. When it receives UV (ultraviolet) energy originating from specific equipment at a determined wavelength, the cement emits a bright blue light (fluorescent) that allows it to be distinguished from the enamel. Thus, the professional can undertake the removal of the cement in a selective manner with the aid of multi-fluted drills, whether in re-bonding of a piece or when concluding treatment. Orthocem UV Trace also has the same advantages and the quality of Orthocem: presentation in a single-component syringe, dispenses with the use of adhesive (requiring only prior acid etching of the enamel), high translucency, viscosity specially dosed for easy positioning of the pieces in the tooth, balanced adhesion, etc.
CHARACTERISTICS AND ADVANTAGES
• UV Tracer: when UV light is applied, it enables cement residues stuck to the enamel to be identified.
• Photo-activated curing mechanism: enables control of the working time when placing the material.
• Balanced adhesive strength: balanced adhesion to avoid adhesive failure measured throughout treatment as well as facilitating removal of the bracket at the end of treatment.
•Appropriate consistency: facilitates the installation of the brackets.
• Comprehensive application spectrum: cements various types of brackets (polycarbonate, metal or ceramic).
•High aesthetic quality: resistant to color variations over time and with high translucency;
• Greater practicality: primer and bond in the same syringe; reduction in clinical steps.
• Light curing: enables the sticking time of the material to be controlled and installation of arches after light curing of the cement/adhesive.
• Contains fluoride.
• Cementation of polycarbonate brackets, metal and ceramics to dental enamel for orthodontic treatment.o.