Resin-Modified Calcium Silicate Pulp Protectant/Liner
TheraCal LC is a light-cured, resin-modified calcium silicate filled liner designed for use in direct and indirect pulp capping and as a protective liner under composites, amalgams, cement, and other base materials. It can be used as an alternative to calcium hydroxide, glass ionomer, RMGI, IRM/ZOE, and other restorative materials. TheraCal LC performs as a barrier and protectant of the dental pulpal complex.
TheraCal LC’s precise placement allows its use in all deep cavity preparations. The light-cured set permits immediate placement and condensation of the restorative material. Its proprietary formulation allows for a command set with a light-curing unit while maintaining ease of placement due to thixotropic properties. The proprietary hydrophilic resin formulation creates a stable and durable liner.
- Calcium release stimulates hydroxyapatite and secondary dentin bridge formation
- Alkaline pH promotes healing and apatite formation
- Significant calcium release leads to protective seal
- Protects and insulates the pulp
- Moisture tolerant and radiopaque – can be placed under restorative materials and cement
- The proprietary formulation of TheraCal LC consists of tri-calcium silicate particles in a hydrophilic monomer that provides significant calcium release making it a uniquely stable and durable material as a liner or base